3 Temporarily Homeless After Fire in Mahanoy City Wednesday Evening

Just before 7pm Wednesday evening the Mahanoy Fire Department responded to a fire at 14 South D Street in the borough.

When crews arrived they found heavy smoke coming from the home and quickly upgraded to a 2nd alarm.

The fire was located in the kitchen of the home and was quickly extinguished but fire crews remained on scene for approximately 2 1/2 hours to ensure it was completely out.

Fire Chief Randy Kalce commended the firefighters on a quick response and a fast knock-down of the fire. Chief Kalce also noted there was very little fire spread beyond the fire building.

The investigation conducted by the Mahanoy City Fire Dept. and Mahanoy City Police Dept. concluded the kitchen fire to be accidental in nature as a result of an unattended pot of oil on the stove.

14 South D Street suffered fire, water, and smoke damage while the home at 12 D Street suffered smoke damage.

The homes at 16 and 18 were unoccupied and suffered minimal smoke and fire damage.

Share on Google Plus

About Skook News

This is a short description in the author block about the author. You edit it by entering text in the "Biographical Info" field in the user admin panel.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment