"With so many different types of VA Educational Benefits available, it can be challenging for a veteran to know where to start,” said Bonnie Venckauskas, McCann Financial Services Officer and VA Certifying Official. “In honor of Veteran’s Day, McCann is offering this free workshop to help veterans navigate their GI Bill.”
The workshop will discuss qualifications for VA Educational Benefits under the GI Bill, how to apply for benefits, different benefits offered and relevant GI Bill chapters. Veterans will also have the opportunity to apply online for their VA Educational Benefits during the workshop.
The following GI Bill chapters will be discussed:
- Post 9/11 (Chapter 33 - Veterans Education Assistance)
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Chapter 1606 & 1607 (National Guard and Reserves)
- Chapter 35 (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)