How many of these did you already know?
2) Indiana County is considered the Christmas Tree capital of the world.
3) Little League Baseball's first World Series was held in 1946 in Williamsport.
4) The first daily newspaper was published in Philadelphia on Sept. 21, 1784. It's name was the "Pennsylvania Packet and Daily Advertiser".
5) In Hazleton, there is a law on the books that prohibits a person from sipping a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.
6) Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers, lived in Pittsburgh.
7) The movie "Silence of the Lambs" was filmed in Pittsburgh.
8) During the filming of the movie "The Molly Maguires" actor Sean Connery spent a lot of time hanging out in Centralia.
9) The Pennsylvania Coal Region is home to the largest known deposits of Anthracite Coal in the United States.
10) Lake Erie is said to be the warmest of all the Great Lakes but it freezes over more than the others.