Monday, April 10, 2017

Wayne Township Fire Ruled Accidental

Just before 5:30am, emergency personnel were called to 507 Laurel Lane, in Walker Township, south of Tamaqua for a house fire.


When crews arrived they found the home of Mark Scheitrum, 30, fully engulfed in flames.

Fire companies from Walker, West Penn and Schuylkill townships as well as Tamaqua and New Ringgold responded as well as the Tamaqua Rescue Squad.

State Police Fire Marshall Trooper Joseph Hall investigated the fire Monday afternoon and found the fire started a rear room of the mobile home.  The cause of the fire was listed as an overheated wood stove and was ruled accidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment