Friday, February 16, 2018

Schuylkill County to Standardize Fire District Numbering

Schuylkill County will be standardizing their Fire District numbering system.

Many of us know our local fire district numbers based off the Schuylkill County Fire pages whenever they are dispatched.  What many may not know is those numbers are not consistent across the county.

Roughly 75% of the county abides by a consistent district numbering but the remaining 25%, which are mainly the numbering within each's district, such as the engines, ambulances, tankers, etc. are not.

A vote was approved the January County Fire Chief's Association to make the change.

Frank Zangari, President of the Schuylkill County Fire Chief's Association, told Skook News after the meeting last month that the change is all about consistency.  "The numbering system is all about keeping consistency across the board making it easier for dispatching".

The official system operate with dispatch numbers that will be grouped:

0-9 Fire Chiefs
10-19 Engines
20-29 Aerials
30-39 Tankers

Scot Krater, the Schuylkill County Communications Director, wrote in a letter to all Schuylkill County Fire Departments that the transition to the new system will be completed by July 1, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment