Friday, February 8, 2019

Heater to Blame for Small Fire at Nursing Home in Frackville

A small heater is blame for a fire at a nursing home in Frackville Friday evening.


Around 8:20pm, emergency personnel were called to Broad Mountain Nursing Home, Frackville, for an electrical fire.

Fire crews from Frackville, Altamont, and Englewood, along with police from Frackville and Butler Township.

Mahanoy City Citizen's Ladder Ladder and Ambulances from Shenandoah and Ashland were also called to the scene.

Fire personnel on scene reported that fire was quickly put out after crews arrived and was caused by a small heater.

No injuries were reported and all residents of the nursing home were evacuated to a different wing of the nursing home while crews were on scene.

RETRACTION:  The original posting of this story included information that stated it was a "space heater".  That information was incorrect and has been changed.




No comments:

Post a Comment