Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Faulty Wiring to Blame for Mahanoy City Fire; Family Temporarily Displaced

Firefighters made quick work of a fire in Mahanoy City Tuesday afternoon.


According to Mahanoy City Fire Officials, on Tuesday, around 12:45pm, fire crews were dispatched to 537 West Centre Street, Mahanoy City, for a house fire.

When the first firefighters arrived, the homeowner reported that their smoke detectors were going off and the second floor bedroom was filling with smoke and she could smell wood burning.

An investigation found a small electrical fire in the floor of the 2nd story of the home.  Crews responded within minutes and were able to extinguish the fire quickly.

The family, who was home at the time of the fire, will be temporarily displaced due to minor smoke and water damage.

The cause of the fire is being blamed on faulty wiring.

Photo Credit:  West End Fire & Rescue

No comments:

Post a Comment