Friday, February 5, 2021

Ashland Fire Ruled Accidental

Firefighters in Ashland made quick work of a house fire in the borough late Friday.

At 8:20pm, emergency personnel in Ashland and Girardville were dispatched to 1010 West Centre Street for a house fire.

The first personnel on the scene learned of a possible electrical fire in a rear room of the second floor of the home which was in the middle of the row.

Firefighters were able to extinguish what was left of a fire on arrival and checked for extensions.

Ashland Fire Chief Philip Groody said the fire was ruled accidental and the only damage to the home was the room where the took place.

The family that resided in the home was not displaced.

Responding to the scene were the American Hose Company and Washington Fire Company in Ashland and the Rangers Hose Company from Girardville, along with the Ashland Police.

Fire crews cleared the scene by 9:45pm.












No comments:

Post a Comment