Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Events Planned for 39th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Pottsville; Grand Marshall Announced
- 8 a.m., a Mass will be celebrated at St. Patrick Church, 319 Mahantongo St.
- 9 a.m., the Grand Marshal's Breakfast will be held at Trippin' Billie, 114 N Centre St. Tickets will be $9 either in advance or at the door. This is an “all you can enjoy” breakfast featuring traditional favorites.
- 11 a.m., the parade begins at 12th and West Market streets. It will travel east on Market to Second Street, south on Second to Mahantongo Street, east on Mahantongo to Centre Street, north on Centre to Laurel Boulevard and west on Laurel to the Humane Fire Company.
- Line-Up begins at 10 a.m. Local civic groups, ethnic floats, family entries, bands and emergency responders are cordially invited to participate. To pre-register for line-up, contact Leo Haley.
- 12 Noon- 4:30 p.m., the annual Grand Irish Party at the Humane Fire Company on Laurel Blvd. An Irish band from New Jersey, Celtheart, will perform. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. For advance tickets, contact Murphy Jewelers, Trippin’ Billie’s or the Humane Fire Company.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Parade and Grand Irish Party are still available by contacting the Division.
The Grand Marshall for the 2015 Pottsville Parade is Mrs. Lydia Laughlin of Minersville. Over the years, our Division has been honored by the County, State and National Boards of the A.O.H. and L.A.O.H. by having members of our Divisions selected to fill the slate of officers on all those levels. Currently, in addition to Mary Ann Lubinsky, the National Chairlady of Catholic Action, we have Lydia Laughlin serving as President of the Schuylkill County Board of the Ladies A.O.H. Lydia has been selected as Grand Marshal of this year’s Parade, joining a long list of prominent Irish Men and Irish Women to be so honored. We sincerely hope all of you will be on hand to pay tribute to Lydia by attending Mass, the Breakfast and participating in the Parade.