Monday, June 21, 2021

Ashland Man Facing Charges After Dangerous Incident Involving Generator Inside Home

An Ashland man is facing charges after a dangerous incident in the borough early Monday.

Just before 2:00am, Monday, emergency personnel from Ashland and Girardville were dispatched to a smoke detector activation/possible house fire at 1421 Centre Street in Ashland.

Fire Chief Philip Groody was first to arrive on scene and learned that the woman who lives at 1421 was woken by her carbon monoxide detector.

An investigation by the fire department learned that the residents at 1423 did not have power and were operating a generator in the basement and police were called.  The residents of the home, Daniel Leary Sr., 27, Victoria Mowry, 28, and a 9 year old child, were all told to vacate the home and be treated by EMS after very high carbon monoxide readings were tested.

Due to the high levels of carbon monoxide, the fire department had to wear their breathing apparatus inside the home.

Ashland and Butler Township Police arrived on scene and met with Leary who told police that he had an electrician coming to the home Monday and that he needed the generator to pump water from the basement.  Leary had also been told by the fire department about operating the generator inside the home earlier on Sunday.

As a result of the home not having power connected to it, Ashland Police informed the three residents that they were not permitted to stay in the home overnight.

The fire department also removed the generator from the home and into the backyard.

According to Ashland Police Ger Daley, 3 counts of endangering the welfare of another person were filed against Leary.

Responding to the scene were the American Hose Company and Washington Fire Company of Ashland, Rangers Hose Company from Girardville, Washington Ambulance, and Ashland Fire Police.

Fire crews cleared the scene by 3:30am.


















No comments:

Post a Comment