Friday, January 19, 2024

Norwegian Township Home Damaged by Fire


A home in Norwegian Township was damaged by fire on Thursday.

Around 5:20pm, emergency personnel were called to an unknown type fire at 603 2nd Street in Marlin.

Further information revealed a propane tank on fire inside a garage, which then exploded.

As the first chief arrived, heavy fire was found coming from the garage of the home and a working fire was advised.

Firefighters had a majority of the fire under control within minutes of a arrival but the fire did extensive damage to the ground floor and the upstairs living area.

No injuries were reported.  A State Police Fire Marshal was requested to the scene to investigate but early information indicated it was from a propane heater.

Responding to the scene along with Mar Lin firefighters were emergency personnel from Pottsville, Minersville, Schuylkill Haven, and Seltzer.

The Mar Lin Volunteer Fire Company has posted to their Facebook page that a Gofundme has been setup for the fire victims.  The link can be found below.

Photo by Jocelyn Barrett / Danie Mae Photography LLC / Skook News