Thursday, August 26, 2021

Firefighters Prevent Potential House Fire in Lavelle

On Wednesday, a quick response by volunteer firefighters prevented a potential house fire in Lavelle.

Just before 5:30pm, emergency personnel were called to 488 Main Street, in Lavelle, Butler Township, for smoke in a structure.

When firefighters from Lavelle arrived, they found the first floor of the home filled with smoke, but no fire.

With the help of a thermal imaging camera, firefighters found the heat source to be in a refrigerator motor along with the floor and wall registering high heat as well.

Firefighters disconnected the appliance and ventilated the home.

Lavelle Captain Jeremy Smallwood said "Without the quick response by these firefighters, we could have had a much worse situation".

Responding to the scene along with the Lavelle Fire Department were the Fountain Springs Fire Company, East Cameron Township Fire Company, Clover Fire Company from Mount Carmel, Washington Ambulance, Butler Township Police, and Fire Chief Groody and Assistant Fire Chief Orth from Ashland.

All units cleared the scene within an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment