Saturday, September 17, 2022

Unattended Food on Stove to Blame for Fire in Mahanoy City


 A fire in Mahanoy City on Friday has been ruled accidental.

Around 5:45pm, Friday, emergency personnel were called to 412 East Mahanoy Street in the borough for a working house fire.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find a fire in the rear of the first floor of the home.

The fire was reported under control just after the 20 minute par check.

According to Mahanoy City Fire Department Public Information Officer Lt. Dave Truskowsky, a family of 7 were in the process of moving into the home.

Truskowsky said nobody was at home at the time but the fire originated from food that was left unattended on a stove.

The fire burned up the wall next to the stove with mainly the kitchen and the room above sustaining smoke and water damage. 

No injuries were reported.

The family is staying with relatives.










No comments:

Post a Comment