Wednesday, August 16, 2023

One Temporarily Displaced After Fire in Ashland

One person is displaced after a fire in Ashland on Tuesday.

At 11:41am, Tuesday, emergency personnel were called to the area of 1601 Centre Street in Ashland for a possible house fire.

The caller told dispatchers that they could see black smoke coming from one of the apartments and flames on a kitchen table. at 1539 Centre.

Assistant Fire Chief Charlie Orth was first on scene and found black smoke on the second floor of the structure and a working fire on the first floor in the kitchen.

Ashland firefighters arrived quickly and were able to contain the fire to just the kitchen.

A State Police Fire Marshal was requested to the scene to determine a cause.

A man that lived inside a downstairs apartment was displaced and is being assisted by the American Red Cross.  Others that lived in the other apartments were allowed to return.

Also responding to the scene along with the Washington Fire Company and American Hose from Ashland were the Rangers Hose Company from Girardville, Lavelle Fire Company, and Kulpmont Fire Company

Photos Courtesy of D. Scicchitano Photography