Saturday, December 23, 2023

Firefighters Respond to Stove Fire in Ashland

Firefighters responded to a stove fire in Ashland on Friday afternoon.

At 2:43pm, firefighters from Ashland and Girardville were called to 326 West Centre Street for a report of a structure fire.

Assistant Chief Charlie Orth and advised of a stove fire in an upstairs apartment that was extinguished.

Firefighters from the American Hose, Washington Fire Company, and the Rangers Hose Company responded to the scene and assisted with ventilating the building.  Washington Ambulance was also on scene.

Emergency personnel cleared the scene within a half an hour.