Friday, April 20, 2018

Ashland Fire Ruled Accidental

A fire in Ashland Thursday evening has been ruled accidental.

Around 8:30pm, Thursday fire crews were called to 1831 Walnut Street for a working house fire.

When crews arrived they found smoke filling the home.  Firefighters found a fire travelling within the walls of the front room of the home, but were able to have the fire out within minutes of arrival.

The fire was contained to the wall in the first floor front room of the home.

According to Ashland Fire Chief Phillip Groody, the fire was ruled accidental and related to an electrical problem in the first floor front room of the home.  Groody credits the homeowner, John Rusk's, quick thinking and the Ashland Fire Department's quick response for saving the property from severe damage.