Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Three Temporarily Displaced After Kitchen Fire in Mahanoy City

A family of three was temporarily displaced after a fire in Mahanoy City late Monday.

At 8:15pm, Monday, emergency personnel were called to 601 East Pine Street for a house fire.  While on their way to the scene, firefighters were advised of a kitchen fire in apartment 3.

The first chiefs arrived to find a working fire in the kitchen.

Firefighters were on the scene within minutes and were able to knock down the fire with a water can.

The apartment sustained minor smoke damage during the incident.  The American Red Cross was called to assist a family of three, two adults, and a child, to assist with lodging for the night.

No injuries were reported.

Responding to the scene were the Humane Fire Company, West End Fire Company, Citizen's Fire Company, Washington Hook and Ladder, and Good American Fire Company.